Reporting to the Commercial Director, the management accountant will be responsible for the maintenance and presentation of the management accounts falling within the daily, weekly and monthly accounts cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, balance sheets, profit & loss, budgets, cash flows and the commentary and presentation of these to a board level.
The Management accountant will also provide support to all departments & the directors on financial decisions and the consequences and will assist the wider teams on the forecasting and budgetary planning. They will provide financial performance analysis & contribute to the medium and long-term strategic planning of the business, identifying areas for continuous improvement within the accounting and finance team.
They will be responsible for direct reports within the finance team & will assist with future selection and growth of the team as the business grows.
- Preparation and timely reporting of weekly and monthly management accounts;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, VAT returns, variance analysis and commentaries;
- Payroll and furlough scheme review
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Support the wider team in the forecasting and budgeting process;
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects of accounting and financial reporting processes with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output;
- Supervise Purchase and Sales ledgers and oversee credit control function.
- Line management of wider finance team
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required.
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Strong technical background with financial processes and systems experience
- Highly competent in the management of data within Microsoft packages
- Knowledge and experience of finance and accounting within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of management of Ledgers within an ERP
- Degree in accountancy or closely related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience of Invoice factoring management
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.